Software Field Application Engineer – Israel
Corephotonics is seeking a customer-facing software engineer to drive the company’s software design and integration efforts, together with its customers and partners. The work involves software design and implementation, leading integration work at customers’ sites abroad (in US, China, Korea, Japan etc.), communicating with Corephotonics’ partners and customers, developing and testing complex system architecture of mobile cameras, etc.
- System level understanding and analysis of both the customer and our solutions
- Defining and verifying the interface to our technology together with the customer
- Implement & optimize image processing and computer vision algorithms
- Benchmarking code for performance, identify bottlenecks, invent and implement solutions for problems
- Design and implement support environment for testing and debugging
- Developing demonstrations platforms and SW to support the company’s technology
Leading universities degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 1-2 years of experience coding in C/C++
- Ability to travel several times a year for prolonged periods of time
- Big plus: experience working with customers on advanced technical projects, with excellent track-record. Experience in attending and driving SW-oriented integration workshops at customer’s sites
- Big plus: Hands-on background in imaging (mobile imaging is a plus), including camera technologies and the digital image processing pipeline
- Big plus: experience in writing SW for Android. Knowledge of mobile platforms architecture (and specifically camera architecture)
- Ability to articulate technical concepts in a clear and concise manner. Excellent inter-personal skills and a customer-facing approach
- Independent, able to work without close supervision, reliable, fast learner and diligent