China: Software Field Application Engineer
Corephotonics is seeking a SW Field Application Engineer (SW FAE) to take charge of technical customer support and R&D support in China (mainly Shenzhen area, but also country-wide). The FAE will work closely with the R&D center in Israel, take ownership of the day-to-day communication with Corephotonics’ partners and customers in China and support Corephotonics’ China sales and biz-dev team. The FAE will report to Chief Architect Noy Cohen from Corephotonics.
As a SW FAE, your role will include the following main responsibilities:
- Supporting R&D and technical activity with partners and customers in China, including attending integration sessions on-site, supporting customer requests, attending and driving technical meetings, writing interface API and camera driver code in C/C++, optimizing code runtime performance and implementing algorithms efficiently on advance mobile devices.
- Understanding the requirements of Corephotonics’ dual camera solutions, defining APIs and interface with existing customers’ camera solutions, validating interfaces and performance on the system.
- Demonstrating the company’s technology and attending technology evaluation sessions at partners’ and customers’ facilities.
- Developing demonstrations platforms and SW to support the company’s technology.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from a leading University. High GPA.
- Hands-on experience (5 years) in developing imaging-related SW (mobile imaging is a plus) in C/C++, including camera driver SW, writing and optimizing image-processing algorithms on mobile platform, developing interfaces.
- At least 3 years of experience working with customers on advanced technical projects, with excellent track record.
- Proven experience in writing SW and applications for Android (apps that use the camera is a plus). Knowledge of mobile platforms architecture (and specifically camera architecture) is a big plus.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts in a clear and concise manner. Excellent inter-personal skills and a customer-facing approach.
- Independent, able to work without close supervision, reliable, fast learner and diligent.
- Knowledge of Camera APIs
- Experience in working with imaging systems