Software Field Application Engineer
Corephotonics is seeking a customer-facing software engineer to drive the company’s software design and integration efforts, together with its customers and partners. The work involves software design and implementation, leading integration work at customers’ sites abroad (in US, China, Korea, Japan etc.), communicating with Corephotonics’ partners and customers, developing and testing complex system architecture of mobile cameras, etc.
As a customer-facing software engineer, your role will include the following main responsibilities:
- Implementing image processing and computer vision algorithms in C/C++ and optimizing them on dedicated mobile application processors, using GPU, DSP, Neon accelerators etc.
- Benchmarking code for performance, identify bottlenecks, invent and implement solutions for problems.
- Design and implement support environment for testing and debugging.
- Developing demonstrations platforms and SW to support the company’s technology.
- Taking part in defining SW modules APIs, SW architecture.
College Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 1-2 years of experience coding in C/C++
- Ability to travel several times a year for prolonged periods of time.
- Big plus: experience working with customers on advanced technical projects, with excellent track-record. Experience in attending and driving SW-oriented integration workshops at customer’s sites.
- Big plus: Hands-on background in imaging (mobile imaging is a plus), including camera technologies and the digital image processing pipeline.
- Big plus: experience in writing SW for Android. Knowledge of mobile platforms architecture (and specifically camera architecture).
- Ability to articulate technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a customer-facing approach.
- Independent, able to work without close supervision, reliable, fast learner and diligent.
- Knowledge of Camera APIs
- Experience in working with imaging systems